Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2013

“I can’t Date someone who does not have Money” Uche Iwuji

          

I broke up with him because he could not take care of my needs and I cannot see myself suffering or spending for a guy.

“I broke up with him because he could not take care of my needs and I cannot see myself suffering or spending for a guy. If you want to marry me, I think you should be able to take good care of me. You don’t need to give me everything, you don’t need to give me the world. I Just want little, like take this money, go and do your hair. Take this money, travel, take a flight and all that. You need to show some concern, show me that you are a man. Let me see and feel the man in the house. You don’t have to tell me you are a man, you have to show it. So why do I have to keep suffering over a man who cannot take care of my needs? My ex is loving but he’s not somebody that can take care of my needs and that’s why I broke up with him.” Actress Uche Iwuji tells Encomium mag when asked why she broke up with her ex
Did she say – “take this money, go and do your hair”? I’m hoping she was misquoted.
That’s seriously not something young girls who look up actresses as role models should read. Or is she just voicing what millions of parents tell their daughters across African and the world?

Whats your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment