Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

My Mr Right Must Be Tall, Black And Strong – Biola Ige

Biola Ige, who is today adjudged   one of the sexiest ladies in Nollywood, had   made up her mind to become an actress when she was 12 years old. She was so determined that even when she got admitted to the University of Jos to study Economics and later University of Lagos, where she studied History and Strategic Studies, she   still did not give up her dream. Biola, in this interview with speaks on her career, fashion preferences, among other issues. Excerpts:


Growing up.
I am from Ilesha in Osun State. I grew up in a family of seven with two boys and three girls and it was fun playing football with my brothers. I had my primary school education at the Federal Government College, Wukari and my secondary school education at   Yakarsin Government Day Secondary School in Wukari, Taraba State.   For my tertiary education, I went to University of Jos, Plateau State for a while before I moved to University of Lagos.
Foray into acting.
When I was 12 years old, I had it at the back of my mind that I would be an actress someday. Acting has always been a part of me, even when I studied another course in the university, it did not change the fact that I wanted to act for a living. I joined Nollywood in 2009 and, so far, I have featured in movies like, Hidden Treasure, Humble Hero, Holy City, Blackmail, Tears of Forest, Grand Player, My Fantasy, Escape from No Where, My Virginity, Darkest Link, Loyal Enemies, among others.
Personal philosophy of life.
My personal philosophy of life is that: This life we live in is too short for one to live with regrets.
Description of self.
I am an easy going person; I don't give a hoot about what people think of me.
The pains and gains of being a celebrity.
Well, the gain is that one gets to meet new people who can contribute positively to one's life. The pain, on the other hand, is that people who don't know you sometimes spread false rumours about you. Personally, I have never had negative press because I am not really a publicity person. I act my roles in movies and that is it.
Definition of style.
Hmmmmm, I don't have a definition of style. What I do is that I wear whatever I   feel comfortable in. I am not too choosy about what I wear. My mood determines what I wear most times.
Beauty regimen.
I wash my face in the morning and at night before going to bed with Bobby Brown products.
Favourite designers.
My favourite designers are Channel, LV, Celine, Christian Louboutin and Zara.
Favourite colours.
Black and pink. I love those two colours.
Choice of accessories.
I don't like accessories; I am not a shoe, bag or jewellery person. I don't like accessories, I am more into cars.
Favourite perfumes.
I love Gucci by Gucci, Euphoria, Glow after dark and Heat by Beyonce
Accessories I can't do without when going out.
Hmmm, lip gloss and my mascara.
Opinion on toning.
Well, it is a matter of choice, if you want it, go for it, if you do not like it, then, don't tone.
My take on cosmetic surgery.
Well, if it will make anyone feel better about how she looks or boost the person's self-confidence, she can go for it. But if you are doing it for no just reason, then, you have a problem. But I am not against it.
On provocative dressing.
It is not good to expose sensitive parts of the body. I don't agree with the saying that €œif you have it, flaunt it. € What are you flaunting?

Keeping in shape.
I don't eat a lot.   I also do a lot of drinking and rope skipping.
What I will like to change about myself.
Nothing.
Secret of beauty.
I always eat fresh fruits and drink a lot of water.
Special treat.
I go to the spa.
Most expensive item in my wardrobe.
Diamond earring.
Fashion icons.
Kim K, Coco Channel, Lala Anthony
What I like doing to my hair and nails.
I like to fix my hair and fix my nails as well.
What I won't be caught dead wearing.
Wow! I don't know, so, I can't answer that question.
Tattoo or piercing.
Tattoo because I have it.
Best beauty advice I have ever received.
It is that I should wash my face every morning and night before going to bed.
Greatest physical assets.
My eyes and my hips.
Advice to women on how to stay young and beautiful.
Be yourself and be beautiful inside and outside. Don't allow someone to   tell you otherwise.
My kind of man.
 I am single but will tie the nuptial knot as soon as I find Mr Right. I like a tall, black, strong man.

Culled From: Tribune Newspapers

No comments:

Post a Comment