Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Years Of Speculation That Whitney's Ex-Husband Bobby Brown Was Responsible For Introducing Her To Dangerous Drugs Lifestyle Ends With His Brother's Confessions

It's been nearly a year since her beloved daughter Whitney Houston's shock death.
However, the pain of losing her is still understandably very raw for her mother Cissy Houston.
The gospel singer, 79, broke down during an interview with Oprah Winfrey as she recalled the moment her eldest son Gary Garland told her her daughter was dead.
In the interview for Oprah's OWN network, Whitney's other brother Michael admitted he was the one who first introduced her to drugs.


Michael's confessions ends years of speculation that Whitney's ex-husband Bobby Brown was responsible for introducing the singer to her dangerous lifestyle.
Interviewed at her home in New Jersey, Cissy tells Oprah of her disbelief when she received the fateful phonecall from Gary on February 11 last year.
Whitney, known as Nippy to her family, was found unresponsive in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton after drowning. Tests later showed she had been taking cocaine.

She said: 'My son called me and he was screaming, "Mom, Mommy," Then, oh God. I said, "What is wrong, what's wrong?" He just said, "Nippy. Nippy." I said, "What's wrong with Nippy?"
'He said, "I don't know, I can't go back up there (Whitney's hotel room).... They found Nippy." I said, "They found her what, what?"
'And I was getting annoyed because he wasn't telling me anything. He said, "Mommy..." I said, "Is she dead?" And he said, "Yeah, Mommy, she's dead." And I don't remember too much else after that.'

'We were always being together most of the time and her following behind me. I taught her to drive, we played together, everything you do as you're growing up.
'If you do drugs, you do that together too... and it just got out of hand. This drug is rough.'
Michael goes on to admit he started taking drugs again following Whitney's death, but has now been sober since October 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment