Pages

Thursday 28 February 2013

Video+Photo: Dancing Plant (Desmodium Gyrans) Have You Ever Watched A Plant Move All By Itself?

Dancing Plant (Desmodium Gyrans) Have you ever watched a plant move all by itself? The “dancing plant”, also known as the telegraph plant, actually moves its leaves in jerky motions when exposed to direct sunlight, warmth or vibration – hence their reaction to music. Its leaflets, each of which is equipped with a hinge at the base that allows it to move, rotate along an elliptical path. This plant is famous for being a favorite of Charles Darwin, and is featured in depth in his book The Power of Movement in Plants.

4 comments:

  1. It's an awe-inspiring article 25 GPUs Crack Passwords In Minutes ()
    favour of all the cyberspace people; they will assume profit from it I am
    sure enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touche. Greɑt arguments. Keеp up the ցreat worк.

    Feel free tߋ visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads.
    I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different users like its aided me.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing in favor of me to have a web site, which is helpful for
    my knowledge. thanks admin

    ReplyDelete