Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Lagos Based Killer-Doctor Babawale Joshua Exposed !!!

*Ajike medical centre, Adeyemi Street
FOLLOWING the arrest, last week, of the owner of a Lagos-based hospital, Doctor Babawale Joshua for allegedly mutilating the corpse of a 13-month-old baby boy in his hospital, a 37-year- old woman identified as Cordelia Ifechukwude, has alleged that she suffered similar fate at the medical centre.
The Aniocha North, Delta-born mother of five narrated her experience at the No 1 Ajike close, branch of the medical centre, a few metres away from Amje bus-stop, Alakuko, a suburb of Lagos. According to her, “It happened in year 2000 when I took in with my first baby.
I registered at Ayinke House, Ikeja General Hospital, but because I was advised to also register at a clinic very close to our house, I registered at Ajike hospital at Amje bus stop, Alakuko. We lived at Ajegunle bus stop, not too far from the clinic.

*Aggrieved mother: Cordelia Ifechukwude
The reason we chose Ajike medical centre was because my husband got acquainted with Dr Babawale Joshua, the Chief Medical Director and owner of the medical centre, and in the course of their discussion, he told my husband that he had his first degree in General Medicine and second degree in Public Health at the University of Ibadan. That might have prompted my husband to make up his mind about us registering at his clinic.
My pains and agony
“We trusted him based on the fact that the University of Ibadan has a good record when it comes to medicine. I went for Ante-Natal at the Ayinke House, Ikeja. Around the months of February/ March,  I went into labour at about 5pm. My husband was still at work then, so I went to the nearest clinic where I registered, being Ajike medical centre. When he returned around 10pm that evening, my husband rushed to the clinic and met me lying in the theatre. that was around 10 pm.
had been asked to trek about 5 km. But in the theatre, the nurses were pressing my stomach as if to force the child out. He asked them why they were pressing my stomach that hard? They told him there was no cause for alarm, that was how they aid women deliver babies at the clinic. We were not comfortable with that but because it was our first experience at childbirth, we had no option than to pray for the better. My husband was upset when he found out the doctor in charge was yet to attend to me since I arrived the hospital.
“Later that night, the doctor came in to attend to me and told my husband that everything was under control. I felt the kicks of my baby all through that evening.   When my husband returned the next morning, he was surprised that I was yet to put to bed. Because I was yet to be attended to at that time,  I complained to him that I experienced severe pain on my left leg, and that after so much pressing and squeezing from the nurses,  the baby’s kicks were getting weaker.
He called the doctor down from the top floor of the building. The building also served as his residence. Dr. Babawale was not always at the clinic. He practises at the Medical centre of Lagos state Polytechnic. What he  does was to keep nurses that are not medically qualified to attend to his patients at the Ajike Clinic.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/killer-doctor-on-the-loose/#sthash.2XOE2yU2.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment