Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

‘My husband kept secret wife, children for 10 years’ • Woman he called his cousin and her children were his wife and children


"My husband is a pathological liar, it was ten years after our marriage that I knew the woman he called his cousin and her children were his wife and children. My husband lied that he was going to Abuja for a training programme. I was surprised when I was told that he now lives in Mushin in a police woman's house," embattled housewife, Rashidat Adeniyi, told an Agege-Orile, Lagos customary court.
The husband, Toyin Adeniyi, 50, denied the allegations. Toyin, an engineer, said, "Because, I am a handsome man, ladies fall for me, so it can be one of the strategies to cause quarrels between us that she heard those lies.
"I left the house because I owed a year rent and I told my wife that I would come for her and the children when I am back on my feet," he said.

Rashidat pleaded with the court to dissolve her 19-year-old marriage over two years desertion by her husband. The 33-year-old computer analyst, who lives at 33, Alaramimo Street, Orile-Agege, told the court that her husband left the house two years ago for a police woman's house.
She told the court that it was after ten years of marriage that she knew that her husband had a wife and children before she married him.
The mother of three asked the court to dissolve the marriage and grant her the custody of the children.
Meanwhile, the husband said he still loved his wife, and not in support of the dissolution. "Since, I am the busy type, anytime I left the house, my wife always suspected me. I haven't told anyone that I am a widower," he stated. Toyin explained that the police woman the wife was referring to was just a friend.
The court President, Mr Joseph Adewusi, told the couple to maintain the peace and adjourned the case to July 22 for judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment