Pages

Saturday 7 September 2013

Why I Raped Six Year Old Girl –43 yr Old Grandpa •Why We Love To Defile Minors —Suspects


Sanmi Oyewole, a 43-year-old farmer and grandfather arrested by the Ogun State police command for defiling a six-year-old girl claimed that he defiled his victim because he was overwhelmed by his sexual urge. He denied that his action had any spiritual undertone, but that he did it just to “catch fun.”
The incident happened last Saturday at Ayedi Street, Isale-Ake, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, in the Abeokuta South Local Government Area.
“I did not know that what I did with her was bad at the time, until I was done with her and she started crying. I realised my stupidity immediately and I felt bad about it,” he said.
The suspect said he lured the girl, one of his neighbour’s children, with a N50 note, took her into his room in the same compound, and forcefully had carnal knowledge of her when her mother was away.
Oyewole said the girl had no features that could attract him to her, but just happened to be the only available person he could have sex with when he could not control his sexual urge.

While speaking with Saturday Tribune, the suspect said he had been married to two women, but both had left for reasons he did not disclose. He said he already had five children, and that the youngest, Bose, 17 years, was already married and bearing children, while the other ones were with their mothers.
“I did not know that what I wanted to do at that particular time was not right. It dawned on me when the young girl was in pains. Actually, I did not see any features in her that made me to force my manhood into her.
“I tricked her to come and collect N50 to buy groundnut. The girl innocently followed me into my room and I placed her on my bed, removed her pants and penetrated her. At a point, she screamed and I used my hand to cover her mouth until I ejaculated.
“There was relief for me after I ejaculated. (I) asked her to go and play with her mates. There was no other way I could have helped myself than (to do) what I did to her. It was the devil that pushed me into this. I am ready to pay dearly for this,” Oyewole said.
When contacted, the police Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the medical report on the girl confirmed that she was defiled by the suspect. The suspect has been taken to the state Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Eleweeran, Abeokuta, for further investigation and prosecution.
Adejobi added that a bed sheet stained with blood and the victim’s pants were recovered from the room of the suspect, who fled the house immediately after the incident but was later arrested by police detectives attached to Adatan division in Abeokuta.
Adejobi, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, said the command would work with necessary agencies, particularly the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, on how to stop this menace in the state.
In a related development, in Cross River State, 20-year-old Chijoke Nwakor, from Aniocha Local Government Area of Anambra State, was arraigned by the police for allegedly raping a nine-year-old girl to death.
He was alleged to have defiled his victim for close to one hour, which resulted in her death.
Coincidentally, the suspect also told police that he carried out the act to satisfy his desire to have sex with someone he had affection for. He said since he got to Cross River State, he had abstained from sex, but regretted that his first attempt to make love to a girl of his desire resulted in tragedy.
“I used to see the girl everyday in Okuku-Yala, where I stay with my parents. I don’t know what pushed me to approach her,” he said.
There was also a case of a 60-year-old father arrested in Edo State for allegedly sexually defiling his 11-year-old daughter.
The suspect, Victor Edoruyi, was arrested along with a herbalist named Sheggy Panamer. Police are claiming that the two men sexually assaulted the victim, leading to health complications.
Residents in the area where the incident happened claimed that the act might have been perpetrated by Edoruyi and Panamer for money ritual purposes.
But even more bizarre is the case of an octogenarian in Ogun State, simply identified as Baba Segun (popularly known as Baba Yellow) who was arrested by police in Lagos State for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl (name withheld).
Residents of Somolu alleged that ‘Baba Yellow’ had earlier spent three years in Kirikiri Prisons in Lagos State for a similar crime.
A 23-year-old man, Kanayo Udechukwu, was arrested by the police in Ogun State for allegedly defiling a four-year-old girl. He was arrested on March 4, 2013.
He was said to have lured his victim into his room at Alagbole area of Ajuwon, Ogun State. After having sex with the girl, Udechukwu was said to have threatened her not to tell anyone about the experience.
However, when the girl’s grandmother noticed she was in pains, she extracted the truth from her.
Spokesman for the state police command confirmed the development, saying that Udechukwu told his interrogators that it was the handiwork of the devil.
Yet another suspect, 29-year-old Adedeji Michael, has also been arraigned before the Ebute-Metta Magistrate’s Court in Lagos for allegedly raping a 48-year-old mother of six, Alice Essiet.
Also, one Patrick Onyechukwu, 27, was arrested for defiling a 12-year-old girl through the anus in Oregun Village, in Ilese-Ijebu area of Ogun State. He was a co-tenant with the victim’s mother.
Saliu Lawal, 25, is also in police custody for allegedly defiling a three-year-old girl, while Kabiru Yusuf, 22, defiled a nine-year-old in Ogere area of Ogun State, sometime in July.
Rape, according to Wikipedia, is any sexual act, attempt to obtain sexual act, unwanted sexual comments or advances, or act to traffic otherwise directed against a person. It is also a sexual act by coercion by any person, regardless of their relationship to victim, in any setting, including, but not limited to, home or work.
Cases of rape and defilement have become rife in Nigeria in recent times, threatening womanhood. Underage children, teenagers and adults are all susceptible.
Rape in different forms is being reported in Nigeria today on a regular basis, including rape by strangers, defilementof minors, rape of mentally and physically challenged persons, acquaintances, youths and the elderly ones.
Investigation by IPAS, a non-governmental organisation, revealed that a minimum of 3,800 rape cases were reported in the print media in Nigeria in the last three years, and the perpetrators of the dastardly act cut across different classes and religious orientations.

No comments:

Post a Comment