Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Baby Born With An Extra Head Attached To Her Stomach



Doctors in India are awaiting the opportunity to operate on a baby born with her parasitic twin’s head attached to her stomach.
Amlekha Bairva (22) gave birth to the parasitic twins last month in a hospital before being rushed to Jaipur for further tests.
Her baby was born naturally and weighed four pounds eight ounces, but the head of the twin is clearly formed and attached to her side.

Doctors at JK Lone Hospital in Jaipur are observing the newborn in neonatal intensive care and hope to operate as soon as she is stable.
“This is a case of Hetropagus twinning or commonly known as Parasitic twinning. In such cases surgery is successful,” Dr Chetan Sharma told New York Daily News.
“She’s a healthy child with a normal heartbeat. She doesn’t have any other internal or external complexities and that increases her chances of survival.
“We are confident that the surgery would be successful and the girl will lead a normal life with no future complexities in the future.”
The baby’s parents said they were too poor to have an ultrasound during the pregnancy and that’s why the complications went unnoticed.
“I didn’t take my wife to the doctor during her pregnancy as I did not have money for any treatment,” husband Ramji Lal Bairva (29) said.
“Also my first child was born normal so I never thought there could be any complications with my second child. When I saw my daughter, I could not believe my eyes, I couldn’t pick her up.”
Parasitic twins are fairly uncommon, and occur when a twin embryo develops in utero but the pair does not fully separate. One remains developmentally dominant at the expense of the other.
The hospital said they will not charge the couple anything for the important procedure.
A baby born with a head attached to her abdomen is examined at hospital in India.TANZEEL UR REHMAN/COVER ASIA PRESSA baby born with a head attached to her abdomen is examined at hospital in India.

2 comments:

  1. I pray that the surgery will be successful..God help babies born with special conditions...

    ReplyDelete