Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

"I always tell producers I don't want to die, run made or go naked in movies" - Shola Sobowale


Veteran Nollywood actress, Shola Sobowale, has revealed why there is hardly any movie where she died, ran mad or went naked. According to her, she can only accept scripts that she's comfortable with. She also talked about how she has "lovely legs without patches" but can't be caught dead wearing skimpy outfits. And yes! You'll recall that infamous rumour about how she was imprisoned for drug trafficking and how she was eventually decapitated? Well, recently she addressed that rumour and she's still insisting she never peddled drugs.

"If I keep saying I didn’t peddle drugs, I was not jailed and my head was not chopped off, the rumours would still persist. So to make it die down, I have challenged those behind the rumours to show proof and collect a million naira from me. However, anyone stepping forward needs to be very sure of his claims so that he does not blame himself. Such a person would have to say who I peddled the drugs for, the person I delivered the drugs to. He has to explain how I passed security checks at airports, show proof that I was arrested and the court documents that show I was jailed. The person also has to show proof I was in jail. If they can prove that, then the money is theirs. In this life, what goes around comes around and whatever they are doing to me or others would eventually come back to haunt them... That is why I tell people to desist from evil. I have children and it is not good for my image. My children are all grown up and such negative stories are not good for them but I give God the glory because my children know and trust their mother."
 Asked why she wears a lot of flowing gowns...
"I am no longer a young lady. If I wear skimpy dresses, who am I flaunting my body for? I have to dress in a respectable manner. If I am going to the UK, I always wear African attire and I receive compliments."
But some women of your age wear skimpy dresses...
"That is what they like and I wear what I am comfortable in. I have lovely legs and I don’t have patches on them but I cannot wear skimpy dresses. It is for young ladies. Even when I amshooting a movie, I cannot wear skimpy dresses. Before I partake in any movie, I tell the producer that I have three conditions and the first is that I do not want to die in the movie, I do not want to run mad and I do not want anybody caressing my body. It is by choice and I don’t act under duress, I do what I am comfortable with."
Asked if she ever felt like quitting...
"That means you want to kill me because I can never give up on my career. I want to leave a mark in the world and show people that God is good and He is smiling down on me. By being an actress, I sent all my children to school abroad and they are all graduates. I pray to grow old gracefully and when I am gone, I want to be remembered for a legacy and that is why I am starting a crusade. It is to bring back family values because we lack that in the country. My father was a principal and my mother was a head teacher and I want to follow in my parents’ footsteps. They taught people morals and etiquette and that is why I am now being the crusader of family values. I would be pained if I cannot fulfil my dream of promoting family values."
Via: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment