Pages

Friday 13 November 2015

Man Drags Wife From Church To Bush Where He Slaughters Her

x
A 35-year-old Zimbabwean man, Edmore Nyamazana, has been arrested and charged with murder after he allegedly dragged his from from a church and took her to a bush where he used a knife to brutally murder her before dumping her body in a stream, reports The Chronicle. The man from Gokwe district, was arraigned before a Bulawayo High Court for the murder of his wife, Lizzy Mpofu, after they had a quarrel. 
He was reported to have trailed the woman to the church when she had gone to stay with her parents after their fight in the Nyaki district. A cousin of the murdered woman, Samkeliso Sibanda, narrated how Nyamazana stormed his wife’s church and ordered her to follow him under the guise that he wanted her to witness a break-in at their home in Gweru.

“On that particular day, Lizzy and I were attending a church service at Ginyilitshe village in Nkayi when Nyamazana came. He asked his wife to immediately leave the church and join him on a journey to their home. When she tried to resist Nyamazana used force.
When I arrived home, Lizzy’s parents asked me about the whereabouts of their daughter and I explained to them that I had left her with her husband. We were shocked when we heard that she had been discovered lying dead in a stream the following morning.” The deceased's father, Office Amon Mpofu, diclosed that his daughter and her husband had an undisclosed long standing domestic dispute. “My daughter had a domestic dispute with her husband and at one time, I sat down with her to discuss their problem but she insisted that it was just a minor issue without disclosing more. On that particular day, we had searched for Lizzy the whole day until we received news that she had been killed and I immediately suspected that Nyamazana was behind her death since they were last seen together by Sibanda the previous day when they left church together. It was a terrible sight when I went to the scene and there was blood splattered all over. Lizzy had several wounds on the head, neck and cheek where the blade of the knife was lodged.” But Nyamazana has denied the charge, telling the court he was being framed for the murder of his wife. “I didn’t commit the alleged crime. In fact, I was at my home in Gweru when it happened and I only got to know about it when police arrested me and forced me to travel with them to Nkayi for indications. When I was laid off from my work, my wife ditched me and took our two children to her parents’ home in Nkayi and that was the last time I saw her until I heard that she had been killed. I’m not the one who committed the crime.”

No comments:

Post a Comment