Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Sanusi's Daughter Writes Linda Ikeji About Her Commenters


Hi Linda, I hope you're well. I saw your blog post about my picture and although I am flattered that you think I'm stunning, I find the comments rather offensive. The comments could be classified under two categories: either made by perverts or made by people who used the opportunity to disregard my father's marital affairs. I am aware that you cannot control your viewer's opinions, but you violated My right of privacy by putting up pictures of me on your blog, when you don't even know me personally.




There is more to a person than meets the eye. By putting up my pictures and describing me as "pretty" and "stunning", you are judging me based on my physical appearances. Truth is, this is exactly what is wrong with the world. We reduce people and describe them using shallow and physical adjectives. For the commenter who insisted that I was only pretty with make up on, we live in a world full of Nigerians who spend hundreds, and even thousands on Brazilian and Indian wigs, bleaching creams and fake nails. And you are looking down on me because I am wearing make up?

And, in case you do speak to your commenters, please tell them that I am not married for "royal ties". And yes, I am older than my father's last wife, but why should that be anybody 's business? To the ignorant commenter who shamed my father for marrying a young wife: My father is a Muslim and his marriage is legal before Islamic Law (look up Prophet Muhammad S.A.W 's marriage to Nana Aisha). If The Almighty God permits his marriage, who are you to condemn it? Why should he please you, the creation, when he can please The Creator?


Going forward, I will appreciate it if you would be as kind as to remove my pictures from your blog so as to stop similarly insulting comments.

But do feel free to post this email on your blog because a lot of ignorant people that read your blog need an educated response. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

- Khadija Yusra Muhammad Sanusi II.

1 comment:

  1. That was a truthful blast, Yusra. real one.

    ReplyDelete