Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' Buhari Reacts To Aisha's BBC Interview


President Buhari has reacted to the interview his wife Hajia Aisha Buhari granted the British Broadcasting Corporation(BBC) where she said she may not support his re-election bid in 2019 if he so decides to run. Buhari reacted to this interview to reporters in Germany where he stood side-by-side with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Speaking on his wife's interview, President Buhari said, "I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room." 


Buhari, who laughed off his initial statement, further told the reporters that he hopes his wife will remember that he ran for president three times before succeeding on the fourth attempt. In his words, "So I claim superior knowledge over her and the rest of the opposition, because in the end I have succeeded. It's not easy to satisfy the whole Nigerian opposition parties or to participate in the government."

No comments:

Post a Comment