Pages

Friday 21 April 2017

Over 30 Football Fans Feared Dead By Electrocution In Calabar While Watching Man United Match.


Over 30 are feared dead in Calabar over electrocution in a zinc house built under high tension . The deceased were said to be watching a football match when the tragic incident occured at Nyagasang in Atimbo area of Calabar Municipality. The football fans are said to have assembled at the centre to watch a UEFA Europa League quarter-final match between Manchester United and Anderlecht on satellite television before the tragedy.

The football fans were at the centre to watch a UEFA Europa League quarter-final match between Manchester United and Anderlecht on satellite TV DSTV.



Add caption
Speaking with Punch after the encounter, the survivor said a transformer near the viewing centre located in the Iyang-Esu area of Calabar municipal local government area, exploded during the match.

He reportedly said this caused a high-tension cable to drop on the viewing centre.

“It happened during the match between Manchester United and Anderlecht. I heard a deafening bang. I rushed out to see what was happening,” he was quoted as saying.

“When I turned back to go inside the viewing centre, I saw a cable coming down on the centre and this electrocuted the viewers in the hall.

“It was a horrible sight to behold. I wish I didn’t come out to watch the match. Come to think of it, I have DStv at home but I enjoy watching matches at viewing centres. I could have been dead. I can’t believe that the people I was chatting and joking with a few minutes ago are all gone in a most anguishing way. This world is vain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment